Abdominal Therapy (ATMAT)®
Dana Mozer, NP specializes in ATMAT.The Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Therapy (ATMAT)® are non-invasive, external massage technique which guide internal abdominal organs into their optimum position for improved health and well-being.
ATMAT applies anatomy, physiology, herbology and naprapathy (study of the ligaments, joints and muscles) with ancient Maya healing techniques to address common pelvic complaints. The techniqueworks by relieving congestion and blockages in order to improve the flow of circulatory and lymphatic fluids, energy and the nervous system through the pelvis and low back.
Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, developed these techniques after apprenticing with Don Elijio Panti, a traditional Mayan shaman from Belize. ATMAT combines modern science with traditional healing and wisdom, in order to produce a holistic option for physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
Most common female symptoms relieved by this treatment:
- Abdominal Bloating or Pain
- Painful, Heavy or Irregular Menses
- Amenorrhea, or Lack of Menses
- Fertility Problems
- Symptoms Related to Uterine Fibroids
- Painful Intercourse
- Frequent Urination
- Headaches or Dizziness with Menses
- Low Back Pain
- Ovarian Cysts
- Chronic Vaginitis
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Difficult Pregnancy or Delivery
- Menopausal Symptoms
What to Expect in a Treatment:
- Comprehensive review of personal history and health care needs
- Instruction in ATMAT self care techniques, which clients are encouraged to perform at home in order to enhance the benefit of the treatment.
- Abdominal and low back massage, focused on aligning pelvic and abdominal organs and improving nerve function
- Additional assistance to complement The Arvigo Techniques according to individual need (i.e.: diagnosis, diet, exercise, medications, herbal remedies, vaginal steams, mayan spiritual healing)
Follow-up care depends on individual goals and results. You and I work together to ensure your individual health care needs either through ATMAT or other modalities, including referral to additional health care providers when necessary to achieve your goals.
Contraindications to this Treatment:
A full ATMAT session is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy, during menses, immediately following abdominal surgery or when an active infection or cancer is present in the pelvis. Women with IUDs can benefit from ATMAT, however, the treatment is modified.